Sunday, April 7, 2013

Our First Christmas

This year Jake and I were able to spend our first Christmas together married! It was such a fun time! We got a little carried away with Christmas Spirit. Jake spoiled me big time, and the big gift I got him was one I am proud of. First Christmas's tend to have funny stories to go a long with them...well we did not escape the first Christmas funny story that I fear will be told for a long time in the Green home. My plan to get Jake his most favorite gift ever was going well. I planned to get Jake a gun. I knew he was wanting one, so I thought it would be the perfect surprise. I made sure to be overly sneaky about it all in order to keep his gun a huge surprise for Christmas morning. Unfortunately my inability to keep my mouth shut gets me in trouble again. We were having a casual conversation one night, talking about the amount of money we had spent on Christmas presents. I had been talking to one of my friends, who was also newly married about how much they were giving themselves to spend on Christmas. While I was telling Jake about this conversation with my friend, he asked me, "well did you tell her how much we were planning on spending?" I answered, "Well I told her how much the gun was so she knows we are spending more than that..."According to Jake's account on the matter my face dropped and then turned into a a smile as a said "SURPRISE!" and then I began crying. I totally blew the surprise and was devastated. I cried for about 20 minutes as Jake tried to comfort me and told me he was so surprised and so happy. He made me feel a lot better about the situation, but still had to tell everyone we knew how I accidentally blew the surprise. Our first Christmas was still wonderful and full of fun times, despite my inability to keep Jake's present a secret. 

Spending time with family is always the highlight of the Christmas season. We are so excited for the many traditions we are starting as our little family, and get to be apart of with our extended families.
Our first tree and first tiny village!
Here we go a caroling!

Christmas Morning with fun cousins

All of the Fowler grand kids lined up and ready to go down stairs to get our presents!

With Christmas comes Christmas Break!!! Loved going skiing with my brother Jake and my dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment